Highlander Institute is a non-profit organization located in Providence, RI. Our vision is an equitable, just education system that meets the needs of all students as it prepares them for success in our complex, rapidly changing world. Highlander Institute supports classrooms, schools, district leaders, and state education agencies in reimagining how students learn, how learning is measured, and what skills and competencies are essential for success both in college and beyond.
Committed to equity and inclusiveness in education, Highlander Institute strives to support all schools in designing competency-based, personalized learning programs that are student-centered and culturally responsive. As we continue to grow, we are committed to hiring a staff that reflects the diverse population we serve. We are looking for talented people to join us as we work to remodel our education system. If you are passionate about empowering students and leveling the playing field for all learners, we want you on our team!
As an Educational Strategies Specialist (ESS), you will have the opportunity to coach classroom teachers as they deliver blended and personalized instruction. As a coach, you will model effective instructional strategies, observe teachers in their practice, and provide written and verbal feedback. In addition to your role as coach, you will develop relationships with school stakeholders as the liaison between Highlander Institute and the schools you support. This work includes collaborating with school and district-level personnel to develop clear and actionable implementation plans at the start of the school year. Throughout the year, the ESS will document and regularly report on implementation progress.
Our team of Educational Strategies Specialists are hardworking, mission-driven individuals at the forefront of the Institute’s mission to transform schools. As an ESS, you will become part of a positive, affirming culture where growth mindset and collaboration drive each of us every day.
Highly qualified candidates will demonstrate an understanding of:
- Diverse needs, perspectives, and experiences within K-12 education
- Innovative instructional models
- Adult Learning Theory
- Educational Technology
- K-12 Culture and Structure
Non-Technical Skills and Behavior:
- Performs duties professionally, thoroughly, in a timely manner, and with a respectful, friendly demeanor in both external and internal relationships
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to a high-energy, fluid environment
- Growth mindset-oriented professional belief system
- Exercises sound judgment and requests assistance when needed
- Takes initiative to solve problems proactively and works independently on tasks
- Responds ethically, professionally, and respectfully as needed to various office situations
- Manages time effectively and follows through on assigned tasks accurately
- Maintains professional demeanor regardless of internal or external concerns
Minimum Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Clear and confident presentation and facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Kara O’Connell at email@example.com